Updated: Wednesday, 23rd April 2014 @ 12:58pm

'Sex ring' gang: Eleven Greater Manchester men await jury's verdict after denying child exploitation claims

'Sex ring' gang: Eleven Greater Manchester men await jury's verdict after denying child exploitation claims

By Dean Wilkins

Eleven Greater Manchester men accused of involvement in a child sexual exploitation ring are waiting to hear the jury’s verdict after they retired.

The nine-week trial at Liverpool Crown Court heard how the men who are all from Pakistan except one from Afghanistan, and live in Rochdale and Oldham, pursued girls as young as 13.

The men are accused of inticing the girls to perform sexual acts using drink, drugs and fast food so they could ‘pass them around’ and use them for sex.

Rachel Smith, for the prosecution, told the jury: "The events and circumstances described by the girls are at best saddening and at worst shocking in places. No child should be exploited as these girls say they were."

The court heard how some of the victims were assaulted, raped and forced to have intercourse with ‘several men in a day, several times a week’.

One of teenage girls fell pregnant and had the child aborted as another said she had been raped by men when she was ‘so drunk she was vomiting over the side of the bed’.

A victim’s father said he had joined the BNP after his daughter described what had happened to her.

Kabeer Hassan, 25, Abdul Aziz, 41, Abdul Rauf, 43, Mohammed Sajid, 35, Adil Khan, 42, Abdul Qayyum, 43, Mohammed Amin, 44, Qamar Shahzad, 29, Liaquat Shah, 41 Hamid Safi, 22, and a 59-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, all deny conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with children under the age of 16.

For more on this story and many others, follow Mancunian Matters on Twitter and Facebook.