Beer battered fish and chips are a national favourite – but make it using Brewdog’s Punk IPA and you’re surely onto a winning formula.
That’s right… craft beer experts Brewdog are teaming up with Trof for a beer tasting and food matching banquet tomorrow night.
For one night only the Deaf Institute’s music hall will be transformed into a traditional beer hall for the super supper.
The all-out craft beer experience will bring you ales, porters, lagers and everything in between, including the Punk IPA, Hardcore, Dogma, Lost Dog and even a few Brewdog rarities.
Each of these will be paired with specially-selected dishes for a truly unique experience of the craft beer world.
Included on the taste tour are:
– Mini Yorkshire puddings with pork and sage chipolatas, tomato, apple and 5A.M.chutney. Matched with 5 A.M hoppy amber ale.
– Punk IPA battered haddock goujons with homemade tartare sauce, Matched with Punk IPA, a contradictory, contemporary take on classic India Pale Ale.
– Mature cheddar cheese rarebit. Matched with Hardcore, another, even more radical IPA with crafted on a rich, toffee canvas.
– Individual Lancashire cheese hot pots with homemade pickled Dogma cabbage. Matched with Dogma, a heather infused Scotch ale, at a heart stopping 7.4 per cent.
– Cheeses from near and far with assorted Alice Porter chutneys. Matched with Alice Porter, a unique take on this traditional drink from the British Isles.
– Frosted chocolate brownie. Matched with Lost Dog, an imperial porter with notes of red berries created in collaboration with the award-winning Lost Abbey brewery.
The event is Thursday August 23 at The Deaf Institute on Grosvenor Street from 7-10pm. Tickets are £20 each. Visit here for more details. www.thedeafinstitute.co.uk