Motorists in the North West are being warned of potentially gale-force winds expected to hit the region tomorrow.
Road users are advised to plan their journeys ahead, check road conditions and weather forecasts before travelling and to allow extra time to complete their journeys.
Met Office forecasts of 60-70mph winds have prompted the Highways Agency to issue an Amber Alert for high-sided vehicles, caravans and motorbikes.
Drivers and riders of these types of vehicles are advised to take extra care and to avoid exposed stretches of road where possible.
The Highways Agency has drawn up a list of potentially dangerous roads in the area.
• M53 J1-J2 Wallasey to Birkenhead
• M56 J12 Runcorn and Sutton Weaver
• M58 J1 Kirkby
• M6 J20-J21 Thelwall Viaduct
• M6 J26-J27 M58 to Standish
• M6 J36-J44 through Cumbria
• M60 J10-J12 Barton Bridge through to M62
• M60 J16-J17 Pendlebury and Kersley to Prestwich and Whitefield
• M62 J18 – J27 Between Manchester and Leeds
• M61 J4-J5 J5 Westhoughton
• M61 J9/M65 J1 Interchange
• A56 Between M65 and A680 at Edenfield
• M65 J3-J4 Withnell and Blackburn Interchange
• A66 between M6 J40 – A1(M) J60
• M6 Carlisle to Moss Band Viaduct
• A69 – all of it
Up-to-date information on road conditions is available on the Highways Agency website www.highways.gov.uk/traffic or by calling the Highways Agency Information Line on 03001235000.