New Bolton Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman insists the club are capable of an instant return to the Premier League.
Freedman left Crystal Palace earlier this week to take up the reigns at the Reebok Stadium after Owen Coyle was sacked with Bolton struggling in the Championship.
And the 38-year-old Scot admitted the challenge of taking Wanderers back into the top-flight at the first attempt excites him.
“I am delighted to join Bolton,” said Freedman.
“The club is geared up to getting back into the Premier League. There is an impressive setup and structure in place, and a first team squad of undoubted quality.
“I am excited about the challenge ahead of us.”
Freedman leaves fellow Championship side Palace after just under two years in the hot-seat in Selhurst Park, where he succeeded George Burley in January 2011.
The former striker had two spells at the Eagles as a player, as well as playing for Nottingham Forest, Wolves and Leeds United.
Freedman, who also played for Southend United, impressed as Bolton lost to Palace last month, and chairman Phil Gartside is looking forward to their working relationship.
He said: “Dougie is young and ambitious. When we met his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game was evident.
“He has a real drive and passion, and knows what we want to achieve and how we want to go about it. I am looking forward to working with Dougie to secure that.”
Freedman is expected to be in charge for Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough, with Jimmy Phillips assisting.