Sport

Platt cools transfer talk: Mario Balotelli’s move to AC Milan is just speculation, declares Manchester City assistant boss

By Paddy von Behr

Mario Balotelli’s AC Milan transfer saga is a load of hot air, according to Manchester City assistant manager David Platt.

The bad-boy striker has been linked with the Italian giants since this month’s transfer window opened and reports this morning suggested a deal has been reached.

But Platt is having none of it, echoing manager Roberto Mancini’s insistence the 22-year-old will still be a City player next month.

“I don’t think there’s anything that could happen,” he said. “I’ve not heard anything and to be honest it just seems like speculation.

“As far as we are concerned, he’s still a Manchester City player.

“I can only go off what you know and what I’ve seen, which seems to be speculation.”

Balotelli checked-in for training this morning, after recovering from illness – despite suggestions he enjoyed a farewell meal with friends this weekend.

And, as the Premier League champions prepare to visit Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday night, the striker is expected to travel to London.

“He was back on the training pitch yesterday morning, so he’s fine,” said Platt. “He’s in the squad for tomorrow.

“It was only a 24-hour virus, which he had, and he will be available for selection tomorrow.”

Mancini has never showed an interest in letting Balotelli leave, insisting he would offer the troublemaker ‘100 chances’ after a training ground bust-up.

And, despite public interest from Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani in the last week, the club’s hard line shows no sign of changing.

Image courtesy of Yahoo UK video, with thanks

For more on this story and many others, follow Mancunian Matters on Twitter and Facebook.

Related Articles