Jailed: Man who knifed teen boy during girls’ catfight outside Urmston club

A man who stabbed a teenage boy outside an Urmston nightclub during a ‘Wild West’ brawl between two blonde women has been jailed.

Office worker Curbie Dunlop, 18, began scuffling with 21-year-old sales assistant Hebe McLaren after accusing her of sleeping with her boyfriend.

But the 1am brawl outside a nightclub ended in tragedy after Hebe called her older sister Donna, 26, for help. Donna brought boyfriend Dannell Dunkley, 36, with her and he knifed two men as he waded in to rescue Hebe.

Rhyan Wilson, 18, suffered nine knife wounds to the chest and back and died shortly afterwards. Curbie’s 18-year-old boyfriend suffered two knife wounds to the arm and shoulder but recovered.

At Manchester Crown Court a judge said the incident acted as a ‘tragic reminder to the appalling consequences’ of knife crime as Dunkley, a university post room worker was jailed for life after admitting murder.

Dunkley sobbed from the dock as he was led away and said: “Can I just say to the family of Rhyan Wilson, I am truly sorry for what I have done and sorry for the pain and heartache I have caused.”

The tragedy occurred on August 16 last year after Curbie had been out with her boyfriend Kane McIntosh.

During the evening she bumped into Hebe at the Ivory nightclub in Urmston and accused her of having a fling with McIntosh.

A fracas ensued and Miss McLaren phoned Donna who asleep in bed with Dunkerley. The couple drove to the club to collect Hebe but further violence flared when Dunkley was confronted by Wilson and McIntosh.

Prosecuting, Mark Kellett said: “The CCTV footage shows the defendant being approached by Kane McIntosh and Rhyan Wilson. The defendant moved towards them, then there is a flurry in which a blow appeared to be struck by Rhyan.

“The defendant has subsequently said that he was hit over the head with a bottle, and this seems consistent with the fact that glass was found at the scene and he had consistent injuries. Rhyan can then be seen grappling with the defendant and in response Mr McIntosh jumps on the two of them.

“In the course of the fight, Mr McIntosh can be seen throwing a number of blows at the defendant but in the course of the struggle, Rhyan Wilson is stabbed nine times resulting in his death.”

Wilson was rushed to Salford Royal Hospital but was pronounced dead at 2.50am after losing a fatal amount of blood from his wounds. He was stabbed with such ferocity the blade penetrated bone in five different areas around the chest and stomach.

Dunkley fled to a safehouse with Donna where he got rid of his clothing and the knife before he handed himself in to police two days later. It emerged he had brought the knife with him on the evening as he had been attacked two months earlier.

Story via Cavendish Press.

Image courtesy of Cavendish Press, with thanks.

Related Articles