This weekend’s Manchester Flower Festival is not only a delight for the eyes but also a treat for the taste buds, thanks to the addition of a cocktail trail.
From Friday 26 to Monday 29 May, visitors can embark on a journey through Manchester’s vibrant bar scene, sipping on custom flower-inspired cocktails created exclusively for the event.
With eight participating bars and restaurants, this trail promises to add an extra layer of enjoyment to your flower-filled festivities.
Each venue has crafted a unique cocktail that showcases the essence of flowers in all their glory:
1. Tast Catala presents the Lavender Gin Fizz, a refreshing blend of gin, lemon, lavender, and orange. This vibrant drink is bursting with citrus and floral notes, making it a perfect companion for a sunny day of flower exploration.
2. At the Sonata Piano & Cabaret Lounge, you can indulge in the Sonata Spring Blossom. This enchanting mix features Manchester Wild Spirit Gin, elderflower, lemon, and Italian sparkling wine. Adorned with rose petals, this cocktail is a true celebration of spring.
3. Mr Thomas’s Chop House invites you to try their Elderflower Spritz.
4. If you’re a Beatles fan or just love strawberries, Sam’s Chop House presents the Strawberry Fields Forever.
5. Grand Pacific offers the Royal Bloom. Crafted with Ketel One Vodka, Briottet Blue Curacao, Briottet Violette, and lemon and lime, this cocktail is a regal blend of flavours.
6. Rosso Restaurant & Bar introduces the Heard It Through The G’Vine.
7. Urban Playground presents the Lilac Fields. With Beefeater Gin, Mure, Fraise, pineapple, lavender syrup, lime juice, and grenadine, this cocktail is a symphony of floral and fruity flavours.
8. Finally, at Vive Le Spritz Grey Goose Terrace, you can enjoy the Le Peach & Jasmine Spritz.
While the cocktails themselves are reason enough to embark on the trail, the Manchester Flower Festival offers a lot more.
You’ll have the opportunity to explore the beauty of the flower festival, immersing yourself in a world of live music, the flower arts and crafts market, and creative workshops.