Police have released e-fits of two men after a 17-year-old boy was raped as he walked through a park in Salford earlier this month.
The boy was knocked to the ground by the two men who then raped him, as he walked through Buile Hill Park, in the Eccles area.
Officers believe two men were standing at the gate of the Seedley Road entrance to the park and followed the boy along the path into the park.
The victim then lost sight of the men and continued to walk further into the park, but a short time later the offenders approached him, one from the front and the other from behind, and raped him.
Detective Inspector Kenneth Blain from Greater Manchester Police said: “This horrific incident left a boy traumatised and I’d like to reassure both him and the community that we are determined to catch those responsible.”
Since the attack, which happened between 12.10am and 12.42am on Wednesday, October 8, detectives have been carrying out a number of inquiries while also supporting the victim.
The victim has now managed to give a detailed description of the offenders and police have today released e-fits of the suspects in a fresh appeal for witnesses.
“The victim has managed to provide enough details for us to put together the e-fits, so I would now like people to have a look and tell us if they recognise either of the men,” Det Insp Blain said.
“I would like to make a direct appeal to anyone who may have been walking near to where the incident took place to contact police immediately.”
One of the men is described as white, in his late twenties and slim. He had blonde hair and was wearing glasses. The other is also described as white, in his thirties or forties and overweight.
Both men were wearing shorts and hoodies with the hoods up.
Anyone with information should phone police on 0161 856 5360 quoting log number 61 of 8 October 2014 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.