Manchester is a sporty city. Locals and tourists will always find plenty of places for activity and sport.
You can do some track cycling at the National Sports Centre. Golf lovers will find plenty of courses to spend their free time on. Football and tennis lovers can visit the respective centre in Manchester.
And if you like to bet on these sports, visit the GGBET sports page. Here, you will find a wide range of bets, the best odds, generous bonuses and quality service.
Track cycling at the National Cycling Centre
The National Cycling Centre is Britain’s first cycling track and opened in 1994.
The centre is one of the best and fastest in the world and opened its BMX Arena in 2011.
It features signature and elite tracks and classes are available to everyone.
You can love cycling or be seriously into this sport. There is something for everyone.
The National Cycling Centre in Manchester offers the following services:
- Mountain biking
- Lessons and courses
- Other sports
Tourists will find many golf courses in Manchester. The most popular include:
- Hukd Golf — this is the largest indoor practice facility in the UK. It is suitable for children and adults, beginners and experienced golfers. You can visit the course at any time of the year.
- Lowes Park — this is a nine hole golf course located in the Greater Manchester area. Visitors are always welcome. Get in touch with the manager for more information and enquiries.
- Greenmount — this golf club is excellent for beginners and experienced players.
- Whitefield — this golf club is located in the north of Manchester. The course has a wave-shaped and parkland setting, with room for amateur and professional play.
- Stand — visitors are always welcome here to play golf on a good course. Restaurants with delicious food are offered to holidaymakers.
Manchester Football and Tennis Centre
The centre is situated at the prestigious Etihad Campus located in east Manchester.
The originally built centre was for the Commonwealth Games in 2002 and is home to six indoor tennis courts with a crushed stone surface.
You can visit the centre without having a Manchester membership.
Four outdoor tennis courts are also available to customers.
Tennis lessons for children and adults are available at the centre.
Following recent renovations, three mini-football pitches have also been improved.
Running, walking and cycling routes
You will come across many walking, running and cycling routes in Manchester, located around the city centre and beyond.
These are great places for a morning jog or during your lunch break. The best routes include:
- Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Central Conference Centre (1.6 km).
- Castlefield Loop (2.6 km).
- Manchester City Centre Memorabilia (5 km).
- Oxford Road corridor and universities (5 km).
- Embankment (3.5 km).
The wide variety of trails will allow joggers and walkers to find suitable terrain. You can walk in the fresh air, cheer up and enjoy exploring the surroundings.
Manchester Aquatics Centre
Manchester Aquatics Centre has been invested in and is now ready to welcome visitors.
Here, visitors have access to large gyms filled with the best and latest pieces of exercise equipment.
You will be able to work out with a bias on cardio, strength training or functional training.
The fitness studio is located on the ground floor.
Visitors are offered a specialised group cycling experience indoors.
The Centre offers a 50-metre, Olympic-sized swimming pool on site.
Manchester Watersports Centre is open daily:
- Monday to Friday: 5:30am to 10pm
- Saturday: 6am to 6pm
- Sunday: 9am to 6pm
The centre includes other facilities such as:
- Regular pool and diving pool
- Three gyms with different purposes
- Cafes and restaurants
- Other places for outdoor activities
The official website of the centre provides readers with all the detailed information.