Mancunians can sign a book of condolence to share messages of support following the terror attack which left eight dead in New York.
The physical book – a means of expressing sympathy and standing united – is now available at Manchester Town Hall.
However, members of the public can also access an online version should they want to contribute in some way.
The gesture comes after Uzbekistan-born Sayfullo Saipov ploughed a truck into pedestrians in Manhattan on Tuesday.
Manchester City Council leader Sir Richard Leese said: “Our thoughts and sympathies are with all of those affected by this atrocity.
“We stand with New York and against those who want to cause division through sickening actions of this kind.
“We know from recent experience how devastating this sort of attack is, but also how important international solidarity, community spirit and a determination not to give in to terror are in dealing with its aftermath.”
Six people were killed at the scene and two others later died in hospital following the attack in New York on Halloween.
An additional 15 victims were injured when 29-year-old Saipov – who’s been living legally in the US since 2010 – went on the rampage.
Earlier this year, New York showed solidarity with the people of Manchester after the deadly explosion which claimed 22 lives at the Arena in May.
The Big Apple responded to the suicide bombing by gifting the city with a seedling from the ‘Survivor Tree’, the plant which astonishingly lived through the attacks on the Twin Towers in 2001.
National September 11 Memorial & Museum President Alice M. Greenwald said: “The Survivor Tree embodies the strength and resilience demonstrated by our nation after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
“The seedlings distributed through this annual program provide hope and the promise of renewal to communities that have endured unimaginable hardship and suffering like Manchester, Charleston and Haiti.”